This weekend marks another year ending and a new one beginning, and an opportunity to both celebrate and reflect, with our loved ones as well as within ourselves. In this, my last blog post of 2016, I would like to share some of my favorite rituals for celebrating the turning year.
The first is a ritual to share with family and friends. Gather your loved ones and create a special time for expressing gratitude and appreciation. Many of us ritualize this time by passing around candles and lighting one as your turn comes to speak about…
- What’s mattered most to you in the past year
- What you are grateful for
- Letting go of the past year and being open to the new, including your vision for the future
The second ritual is just for you. This simple exercise is extremely powerful. Time goes by so quickly that we forget to celebrate the good things that happen and to acknowledge what we need to learn going forward.
First light a candle, then write down your answers to each of the following. Then, if you are so moved, read them aloud, blowing out the candle after you’ve said the last one.
- What are the 12 things I’m most proud of accomplishing this year?
- What were my disappointments, and what did I turn over to a Higher Power to handle?
- Who am I most happy to have in my life?
- What is the most significant area of personal growth for me? What would I have done differently, and what is the lesson I got from it?
- What 5 things am I most grateful for, and how will show this gratitude?
Leaders can adapt this ritual by reflecting on additional questions:
- What are my leadership strengths?
- What needs to be strengthened?
- What mistakes have I made?
- What regrets do I have?
- What do I need to learn? Or change?
- What are my next steps?
In addition to our tangible goals for the coming year, let’s fully realize
- Our hope and vision for a better life for all
- Our yearning to be awake and fully conscious
- Our birthright to greatness
- Our leadership potential
If we are open to magic and mystery, each new year and each stage of our lives bring us to greater understanding of ourselves and our world . . . brings us closer to why we are here at this time of planetary transformation . . . and guides us to come into alignment with our innate greatness.
Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. May your tomorrows be far greater than the best of your yesterdays.
|Download a FREE mini-book, “The Origins of the New HERstory of Our AGE“ based on The Ageless Way|