We’re in a time of flux. Uncertainty of the future is not only felt on an individual level, but also as a collective. The Covid pandemic has sparked a paradigm shift across all generations. We’re seeking more balance, harmony, and community.
It may seem as though there are no rules of the road anymore. But this is an exciting opportunity. We have to be patient, do our due diligence, track the trends, stay agile, resilient and relevant.
Last week’s post discussed the importance of checking in on yourself and your goals to see if you’re still heading in the right direction. Be sure to give it a look: Are you heading in the right direction? Check your Compass.
However, heading in the right direction is not possible without having a clear picture of your greater future. Knowing what you want to achieve and how you want to live will ensure that you direct your time and resources towards solving the right problems, making spot-on choices, and implementing the right action plans. Many times what starts as a vision for merely improving our own lives ends up being a vision for us all.
I’ve composed a list of guiding questions that will help you narrow your focus toward attaining your future vision. Make time to deeply consider: what will be best for you, and how can you best work for yourself to create your future?
Remember that this is your game plan. Be sure to include only your ideas in your own words. To get to the essence, use key words and short phrases to respond. Spend as much time as you want responding and revising. Once you are satisfied, share this with whomever will be affected by your new road map or sharing the journey.
- What do I want my life to look like in 3-5 years?
- What is a day in my life like in the future?
- How will I be spending my time, with whom and where?
- What do I need to transform or work on today to get there?
- Develop a list of key measurable criteria that you will be tracking to know how well you are doing and what needs adjusting.
- Determine each major action or task plan that has to be accomplished this year, broken down by quarter with due dates and assignees. Make sure you are focusing on what needs to get changed or improved upon to reach your desired end goal.
Having your future goals written down along with a plan on how to achieve them will help you immensely. Continue to review your answers to these questions throughout the year. Revisit and revise them as necessary.
With these guidelines, now it’s up to you to create a clear vision for your greater future.
Take hold of that vision… then don’t let go!